Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let's be honest

So this is my first blog.. I guess you can say i decided to start doing this because I'm joining the band wagon.. Both of my dear friends (and band mates) nick and colin have one..so i thought what could be the harm in giving it a try... nuff said.

I want to talk about the last two weeks..and two main things that i am dealing with in those two weeks so here goes the first..

1. LOSING JUNK/CARELESSNESS
Let's be honest..The last two weeks have been hectic at best, primarily because of my own doing. Besides forgetting books in classes, and locking myself out of my dorm room i also managed to lose my wallet not once but twice.. which is interesting because i've never actually lost my wallet before... It really shows me how easy it is to lose track of life, (and money) by being just a little bit to caught up.. anyway after waking up at 6 in the morning and making a round trip from the DMV to the Azusa B of A (bank of america) i was able to get all my cards back and my friend James Brooks was cool enough to give me his old wallet. thanks james =]

2.LACK OF SLEEP/BEING LATE
I'm sure that pretty much anybody can relate to this issue.. especially if your in college haha
These last two weeks ive been running low on sleep and its definitely been affecting me.. I've missed almost all the morning chapels in the last two weeks (we have to go to three chapels a week at AZUSA PACIFIC college) and I've been late for a ton of my morning classes, and have also slept through a few. :/ I also managed to bomb my Intro to music tech test because i was so out of it..

So this all brings me to my point for this whole post...

I'm flawed.

imperfect.

i can't do it on my own.

and i'm finally starting to realize that in order to get past my weaknesses i have to admit that they are there.

Most of my life i've spent focusing on the good things i can do, and my talents..
I've always tried to improve myself, but I usually stick to what i can do well and let my time get wrapped up in that. But now I'm finally starting to realize and own up to weaknesses such as .... "John you are not a morning person" and "John you can be careless with your belongings." I know it sounds so elementary, but just realizing that has really helped me get over myself and my shortcomings. It's kinda like.. you can't fight the enemy until you realize it is there.

I guess my encouragement to you, whoever you are is..

just because your flawed doesn't mean you can't be used for something great. The beauty is in the breaking, the tearing away of the old, and the unveiling of the new. Don't be afraid of change in the right context. Who we are is always changing always forming.. Our worlds will never balance, this life will never be without trial. It is about finding the peace within the storms of life, and in my heart.. knowing that my Savior will never change...it makes this life so much more reassuring.

my advice:
admit where your wrong, own up to where you've messed up, and move forward. Just watch how your life will begin to mold. It's a slow process but a beautiful one at that.

Till next time.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment